I am just like you, except that I didn’t just raise my own two teenagers, I had a hand in “raising” thousands of others. I am a 20-year veteran teacher who has spent more time with teenagers than is probably healthy. But all of my experiences (angst-ridden and otherwise) helped me to write Teenagers 101: What a Top Teacher Wishes You Knew About Helping Your Kid Succeed, and for that, I am grateful. Through it all, I’ve discovered that despite my occasional venting to the contrary, I have discovered the wonderful attributes of this misunderstood generation. I hope I am able to help you to do the same.
- I am the author of the book Teenagers 101: What a Top Teacher Wishes You Knew About Helping Your Kid Succeed (Amacom, 2014)
- I am the CEO of Teenager Success 101, a personalized, one-on-one program geared toward helping teens in 6th-12th grade find their path for success. We are a team of top educators from around the nation who tutor and offer support to students from around the nation via Skype. Check us out at teenagersuccess101.com.
- I have a doctorate in education (EdD) and have spent years researching and collecting data on teenagers.
- I am a 20-year veteran English teacher who has worked with thousands of teenagers and their parents.
- As a teacher, I was able to motivate students to their highest levels of success, including achieving a 100% pass rate on the AP exam.
- I am known for my high level of respect for both parents and students and my lack of behavior problems.
- I am a mother of two successful young adults, so I recently navigated the teenage waters myself.